The TRAVEL FILM In Russian international film festival collects the best travel films from around the world, which were created both by professionals and by enthusiasts, and helps to get them across to the Russian speaking audience. In the world there are 162 million people whose native language — Russian. Another 110 million are fluent in Russian. They live not only in Russia and the former republics of the Soviet Union, but also worldwide.
All films must be in Russian. Alternatively, have the Russian subtitles (with the exception of all films without words), regardless of the country of production. If you do not know how to translate the subtitles in Russian language, the film can be downloaded in English or with English subtitles in a special category.
Our festival is held all year round. The provisional results are summed up once per quarter, at the end of the season — winter, spring, and summer. Every autumn the best films are shown on a big screen, and the winners are determined.
The films, which were selected to participate in the festival, will be uploaded to be displayed on our website and in the social networks — as a complete artwork (only with the consent of the author) or as a trailer for the wide view and discussion.
We admit only the films about travels, both modern and historical ones. As well as those films, where travel is an important part of the synopsis.
All best films that were selected during the online festival, will be shown on the big screen during the solemn final ceremony on September 19-24, 2017 in Moscow, Russia and will be able to struggle for the main prize and the title of the «Best travel film in Russian». As well as for the prizes in the standalone nominations.
Awards & Prizes
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Animated Short
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Music Video
Best Web Series
Best Video Guide
Audience Choice Award — Feature Film
Audience Choice Award — Short Film
Audience Choice Award — Animated Short
Audience Choice Award — Feature Documentary
Audience Choice Award — Short Documentary
Audience Choice Award — Music Video
Audience Choice Award — Web Series
Audience Choice Award — Video Guide
Audience Choice Award — Commercials
Special prizes from our sponsors to the best films on the types of travel — by land, water, air, bike, foot, hitch-hiking, by public transport, around the world.
Rules & Terms
Please read these rules & regulations for submission very carefully PRIOR to submitting your film for consideration. By submitting your film to TRAVEL FILM in Russian, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these conditions.
– We accept films only from authors or their authorized representatives who have the written permission from the author. All video, soundtrack, texts and music used in the film should not violate the copyright law. You may be asked to supply documentation supporting your claim. Violation of copyright is a sufficient justification for exclusion of the film from participation in the festival.
– By sending your film to participate in our festival, you agree that your film (or trailer, if you do not want to grant the full access to your film) will be uploaded to our website and our pages in social networks, as well as will be shown live on TV channels of partners of the Festival as a part of the festival exhibition. Your film (or trailer) will remain on the website of our Festival until you do not request to delete it.
– You grant the permission to use the video (or — exclusively with your consent — the entire film), texts and photos that are relevant to the film to advertise the film on TV, online, in printed press. This will help us to inform broad audiences about your film.
– All films must be in Russian. Alternatively, have the Russian subtitles (with the exception of all films without words), regardless of the country of production.
– There is no limit as to how many films a Film Maker can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category. If your film is suiting in more than one category, then please choose the one you find most suiting.
– You may submit as many films as you like, but you must pay the appropriate submission fee in full for each film.
– Submission fees are non-refundable.
– Waivers or discounts on submission fees are not offered.
– Incorrectly completed entry forms, or missing information may lead to the disqualification of your submission.
– TRAVEL FILM in Russian dest does not accept submissions sent by email or physical submissions sent by mail. Submission will accepted through submission partners.
– Do not send a press kit or other supporting materials unless asked to do so by the festival.
– There are no premiere requirements. Your film may have screened before.
– Films that have distribution are still eligible for submission.
– Films that have been broadcast on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
– All documentary, animation, fiction films, created by professionals and enthusiasts not earlier than January 1, 2011 are welcome to participate in the contest.
– Our jury screens the quarterly selections PRIVATELY (meaning: it’s not a public screening!) and from there we select the winners. Only the winning films will get a chance to participate to a second selection at the end of the year. If they pass the second selection, we’ll screen them at our annual event. Where one film from each category will be awarded.
– Winner films will required HD format of the film on festival demand for screening in annual event through Dropbox or WeTransfer.
– All films which are selected / nominated for the competition or Festival, will be informed only by emails & listed on festival web site.
– No inquiries or arguments will be entertained regarding non selected films. The decision off festival selection committee will be final.
– TRAVEL FILM in Russian will communicate all details through email communications only, so please give authorizes email and respond to emails asap. No phone call inquires.